Dental Hygiene is very important for overall well being. Smile is a reflection of your personality. That’s why everyone wants to have great smile and it is only possible if you have good oral hygiene. If you follow these great dental hygiene tips than you easily get rid of many oral health issues like loss of tooth, tooth decay, infection, gum disease and even heart issues. So follow these steps to promote oral health;
1. PROPER BRUSHING
Oral health totally depends on your teeth. It begins with clean, bright and strong teeth. Always keep the area of teeth and gums clean to prevent many gum diseases, and it also help to prevent from tooth cavities. Follow these basics of brushing habits;
- BRUSH TWICE A DAY EVERY DAY: Alway brush two or three times a day after every big meal. It is really good for your health and always keep your teeth strong and bright.
- USE PROPER TOOTH BRUSH: Choice of right brush for your teeth counts a lot. Always choose according to your teeth and gums condition like hard, medium or soft. Consider using battery operated brushes these are really good to remove plaque from your teeth.
- PRACTICE GOOD TECHNIQUES: Technique of brushing matters a lot. Always hold at a slight angle and do it at up down motion from upper jaw to lower. Not forget to brush from inside and chewing surface.
- KEEP YOUR BRUSH COVERED OR CLEAN: Always rinse your tooth-brush with clean water before use or after brushing. Cover your brush but these covers are not to tight or air blocker because if there is no air than there are chances of bacterial growth, which is dangerous for oral health.
- KNOW WHEN TO REPLACE YOUR TOOTH BRUSH: It is very necessary awareness among people to replace the old toothbrush with new one. This investment prevents you from many dental health issues.
2. PROPER FLOSSING
There are very tight space between teeth and under the gumming area where brush cannot reach.This is the main reason for oral care to flossing on daily basis. When flossing keep in mind;
- DON’T SKIMP: Dental floss should be at least 20 inches long and always grip it tightly between your forefingers and thumb.
- BE GENTLE: Always be gentle while flossing in order to avoid injury or any other issue.
- TAKE IT ONE TOOTH AT A TIME: Always doing flossing one tooth at one time to give time to every tooth properly, move the floss into gumming area and teeth joint slowly in upward and downward motion. Always try to use fresh floss for next tooth and so on.
- USE ALTERNATIVES: Some times it is difficult to handle floss properly for you, then don’t worry use alternative an interdental cleaner such as special plastic stick or wooden stick, brush or pick specially and professionally designed to clean the area between the teeth.
3. AVOID TOBACCO
Tobacco in the long run create many life threatening diseases like mouth and oesophagus cancer. Use of tobacco destroy your gums and teeth enamel also. Cigarette is also dangerous for health it leads to bad breath and odor.
4. LIMIT SODAS, COFFEE AND ALCOHOL
High level of Phosphorous is present in beverages and soda although it is good for healthy mouth but it cut down the body calcium level. Which causes many dental issues like tooth decay and gum diseases. Some times many artificial ingredients which are in beverages can cause teeth discolouration and destroy the enamel. So avoid soda, coffee and also alcohol in order to maintain healthy or beautiful smile,healthy teeth and teeth enamel also.
5. CONSUME CALCIUM AND OTHER VITAMINS
Calcium is necessary for teeth as well as your bones also. Those people who take daily and proper calcium intake readily have any issue of bones and teeth. We can get calcium from milk, orange juice, cheese and yogurt. Also calcium supplements are widely available in the markets according to your age. Vitamin D along with Calcium is necessary for healthy gums and teeth.
6. VISIT YOUR DENTIST
If you want best oral hygiene and dental health than visit your dentist at regular interval in order to maintain oral health. Dentist not only advise you but he/she throughly check out any dental issue need attention.
7. USE MOUTH WASH
In addition with proper flossing and brushing if dentist recommend you to use fluoride mouth wash than you have to use it for better oral health. Not all people required mouthwash and not all mouth wash are useful. Those mouth wash which contain fluoride,chlorine dioxide and listerine are considered as very useful for prevention of bacteria and maintain good breath.
8. NOTICING OTHER DENTAL SYMPTOMS
Many people thought that tooth ache and gum problems are only dental issues. But there are a lot of issues related to dentistry. Always noticing the symptoms which are unusual and tell it to your dentist immediately. Like pain in jaw and tongue, dentist will diagnose the underlying cause and give you medication to correct it as soon as possible.
9. LOOK AT BIG PICTURE
See not always in one direction always look at for big picture and prospective. Most of us assume that oral hygiene is important to avoid tooth aches and maintainance of better looks and smile. But they don’t even understand that how bad oral hygiene affects our overall health. Dental issues can leads too many life threatening illness and diseases like diabetes, systemic infection, heart disease, speak problems and inability to eat etc. So always pay attention towards your’s as well as your’s children oral health issues in order to avoid many other diseases.
10. CLEAN YOUR TONGUE
As brushing and flossing is important for oral health same as tongue cleanliness is also plays a vital role in over all oral hygiene. As there are many bacteria present on our tongue surface. If we clean the tongue surface regularly through professional tongue cleaner than it can remove all those bacteria which create countless dental issues, bad breath is one of them.
READ MORE ABOUT: