What’s happening in week 14?
14 Weeks Pregnant, Congratulation to entering in new trimester! second trimester.
Now this is the time that you celebrate your pregnancy news with your friends circle and family members. Your tiny champ now has their own unique set of finger prints and beginning to look as a real individual.
At a glance
- Little champ is now around the length of half banana.
- Your baby-to-be is now over 4 inches long, but he or she weighs a little less than 2 ounces.
- Has their own set of fingerprints.
- Your baby-to-be can now use his or her facial muscles to grimace and smile.
- Boy or girl? This week fully developed genitals make their grand entrance. Note however, that they still may be hard to detect on an ultrasound.
- Bleeding gums and nasal congestion is very common at this stage in women
Your baby at week 14
Relief! Now that you’ve left the first trimester, which is the most critical for development, your chance of miscarriage plummets. Your baby is around 4 inches in length and weigh around 2 ounces and continually growing stronger and bigger every day. Now at this stage big developments take place,baby is starting to take on the looks of real individual, as her/his eyebrows and hair beginning to grow. An ultra-fine, downy covering of hair, called lanugo are also developing, all over his body. Fingerprints of baby are starting to develop. Their brain impulses have them squinting, frowning and grimacing switching from one expression to another, giving their facial muscles a real workout. Kidneys are producing urine which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he’ll keep up until birth. By the end of this week, his arms will have grown to a length that’s in proportion to the rest of his body. (His legs still have some lengthening to do.)
You at 14 weeks pregnant
This is the favourite trimester of many pregnant women, for the reason risk of miscarriage gone out and first trimester wired symptoms are also decreases too some extent. But at the start of this week mommy faces new and different pregnancy symptoms because hard work going on inside your body!
- Many pregnant women experiencing some problems like nasal congestion. It is very common at this stage because due to increase in blood pumping around the body. There is nothing to worry about, talk to your midwife.
- Some mommy feels some weird food cravings starting to kick in too.
- Gum bleeding is also a sensitive issue at this stage of pregnancy, talk to your dentist.
- For some women, a possible side effect of uterine growth which cause round ligament pains.
- Mothers to be probably have a screening blood test for Down’s syndrome around now, if you haven’t already had a combined blood and nuchal scan test.
- Breast are feeling less tender and sensitive to touch, but it is continued to grow.
- Some mommy experiencing varicose veins. These are swollen blood vessels usually show up on legs.
READ MORE ABOUT: