What’s happening in week 16?
16 weeks pregnant! Now you have to start your day with nutritious and healthy breakfast that might include complex carbohydrates, plenty of fiber, adequate protein and little amount of fat. Fresh juices are important at their place, but it is not a substitute of plain and fresh water. Drink at least 8 to 12 glass of water daily to keep yourself hydrated.
At a glance
- The baby’s (CRL) crown-to-rump measurements are about 4 1/2 inches
- In food terms, baby is about the size of an avocado
- Pregnant mother uterus, at that stage contains about 7 1/2 ounces of amniotic fluid
- Your baby’s ears and eyes have finally landed in their final positions
- Baby-to-be’s circulatory system is now up and (beginning) to run. In fact, his/her heart can pump about 25 quarts of blood per day
- That thumb-sucking habit that lots of newborns have may have already begun for some. At 16 weeks pregnancy, babies may be able to make sucking motions.
- If you feel like your libido has increased, to have sex it is safe now
- Routine test’s will be due at this week
Your baby at week 16
Your tiny baby is now about the size of avocado, which means baby is around 11.5cm or 4.5inches in length and weight around 3 to 5 ounces. Baby is now enjoying stretch and flex motion as their limbs and joints are fully formed now. Facial muscles are now move too, means face expressions are beginning to appear like frowns and squints. Baby’s head in week 16 is more erect now. Although baby will start to straighten their head and neck, as his/her backbone and tiny muscles of the back has become more stronger. As the weeks passes it will more become human like but at this stage their skin is quite translucent and blood vessels are visible.
Baby is now able to grab and play with their umbilical cord. Her/his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day.
You at 16 weeks pregnant
An Antenatal appointment is due this week. Routine checkup is very necessary to take a record of body blood pressure,blood and urine tests. At this week 16 many pregnant women feels;
- Gaining a lot of weight around the belly or around the hip area. Also breast are continued to grow and prepare itself for breast-feeding. So don’t worry this weight gain is for wonderful reason isn’t it….
- If you feel your sex drive boosting up and like your libido has increased, to have sex it is safe now. But take a safe advise from your midwife or doctor is necessary.
- Soon mother’s will experience one of the most wonderful moments of pregnancy feeling your baby move. While some women notice “quickening”, little flutters, gas bubbles, or even like popcorn popping as early as 16 weeks, many don’t feel their baby move until about 18 weeks or more.
- Nasal congestion is also very common which leads to stuffiness and nose bleed some times. This is all due to pregnancy hormones.
- Due to growing uterus, blood vessels are compresses and it will cause the painful varicose veins. So to avoid it don’t stand at one position or elevate your feet when you sit down.
- Constipation, is the main problem during pregnancy. So drinking more fluids and take more fiber food to get rid of it.
- Hemorrhoids also take place in pregnancy due to constipation. Hemorrhoids are basically group of balloon like swollen veins located in the lower rectum region. These veins are swollen only due to pressure that exists during constipation or in pregnancy with the enlarged uterus pressure.
- Backache occasionally are also happened in pregnancy. As your belly gets bigger, your lower back curves more than usual to accommodate the load, resulting in strained back muscles.
- Bleeding gums when brushing and flossing and legs cramps usually at night are very common in pregnancy. So don’t worry!
- Round liagments pain are also experiencing many mothers. As the muscles and ligaments that support your growing uterus stretch, you might notice some pain on the lower sides of your belly.
READ MORE ABOUT