What’s happening in week 17?
17 weeks pregnant! Mommy’s might feel some major changes inside the body and feels like her baby is doing pretty amazing stuff inside her/his home i.e mother’s womb.
At a glance
- Your little nugget is just over 5 3/4 inches long and tipping the scales at about 4 ounces
- Baby’s sense of hearing is making big strides this week. His or her ears are fully formed and getting ready to hear your voice
- Umbilical cord, a lifeline to the placenta, is growing stronger and thicker
- Your little champ’s skeleton is turning from rubbery cartilage in to hardened bone
- Mommy’s will start to feel some thing like gas bubbles or quickening inside her wombs
- Start some pregnancy friendly exercises or yoga to strengthen your muscles and stay healthy and active
- Hormones and milk-producing glands are developing to prepare for nursing
Your baby at week 17
You are now 17 weeks pregnant and now your baby is growing very quickly wahoo! From crown to rump he/she is around 5 3/4 inches in length and weighs 4 to 5 ounces now. Baby is about a size of turnip. Placenta which is lifeline of baby inside womb is now growing thicker and stronger. Fetus is now more links like entirely human being. Eyelashes and eyebrows of baby is starting to grow at this stage of week. But her/his eyelids are remaining fused shut until week 27, although he/she can move her/his eyes around. Baby’s heartbeat is now regulate and his heart is now regulated by the brain and beating between 140-150 beats per minutes, that is twice faster than mother.
Fingerprints are started to develop this week and now baby’s toes and fingers will form their own unique patterns. Baby is now able to move their joints and limbs. Baby’s sense of hearing is making big strides this week. His/her ears are fully formed and getting ready to hear your voice, so you can chat with your champ or sings a song for them.
You at 17 weeks pregnant
At 17 week pregnancy, now your friends, coworkers or even strangers may feel you are pregnant just because of your growing belly. But you don’t feel bad, that’s fine! Mommy’s feels in this week 17;
- Their growing appetite, always feel hungry and want to eat more and more, just because your growing baby is demanding more nourishment. This is good because now you eating for two.
- Gaining a lot of weight around the belly or around the hip area. Also breast are continued to grow and prepare itself for breast-feeding. So don’t worry this weight gain is for wonderful reason isn’t it….
- Increased “vaginal discharge” (leucorrhea) is normal or a “yeast vaginal infection” and greater sensitivity to allergen these days is totally normal at second trimester.
- Hormones and milk-producing glands are developing to prepare for nursing. All of this activity, plus an increase in blood flow, can boost breast size up to two cups!
- Soon mother’s will experience one of the most wonderful moments of pregnancy feeling your baby move. While some women notice “quickening”, little flutters, gas bubbles, or even like popcorn popping as early as 16 weeks, many don’t feel their baby move until about 18 weeks or more.
- “Round ligament pain” is common at this week. As the muscles and ligaments that support your growing uterus stretch, you might notice some pain on the lower sides of your belly.Backache occasionally are also happened in pregnancy. As your belly gets bigger, your lower back curves more than usual to accommodate the load, resulting in strained back muscles.
- Gum bleeding and loosening teeth because hormones can affect the ligaments and bones in your mouth. Take an appointment with dentist and see him now.
- Heartburn and indigestion is also start these days. Don’t eat spicy food and avoid soft drinks and also avoid lying down after eating.
- Occasional headaches during pregnancy is okay. But check to your healthcare provider first.
- As belly is growing you start to finding some stretch marks on your body, this is only due to gain weight at a steady rate.
READ MORE ABOUT: