What’s happening in week 21?
YAHOO! you have crossed 20 weeks successfully and now you are in this stage to found the prefect name of your baby. Have you found yet……….? 21 weeks pregnant is 4 months and about three weeks. Now that you’re more than halfway done with month five, you’re a majority of the way through your pregnancy!
At a glance
- Now it is a good time to book your antenatal classes.
- Your baby is as big as a pepper and weighs up to 360 grams.
- As baby is big enough so mother can easily feels his/her fetal movements more and more lately.
- As your baby’s digestive system prepare for the outside world, so he or she’s manufacturing meconium—the tarry black substance you’ll find in the first dirty diaper.
- Baby,s reproductive system is developing too at this stage if it girl, she got her eggs in her womb.
Your baby at 21 weeks
At week 21 the average baby will measure around 27cm long and weigh around 360g but this will vary from baby to baby. They’re starting to gain weight now, and laying down some fat, which will give them that adorable chubby newborn appearance the moment you first set eyes on them!
Baby’s eyebrows and eyelids have now formed and it’s possible for them to blink. Your baby will now already have taste buds and can taste a variety of different flavors depending on what you’re eating and what’s entering the Amniotic fluid. They will be swallowing this fluid now as they practice their technique.
Amazingly! their skin is also looking a bit different now, as it will have gained a coating of a white, waxy substance known as Vernix caseosa. This protects their body from the effects of bobbing around in amniotic fluid for so long. You will probably see areas of it still on your baby when they are born.
You at 21 weeks pregnant
- Pregnant women should avoid spicy and oily foods and other triggers because acidity is on their way.
- You might be experienced tight and full boobs as your milk ducts will be fully developed by the end of this trimester.
- Stretch marks are very common at this stage as body stretches and irritation on skin starts. So many doctors give the stretch marks cream so that to avoid marks on skin as possible.
- As you are crossing 20 weeks or half way to your pregnancy then it is good time to book your antenatal classes.
- As you continuously gaining weight so avoid sitting with your knees higher than your hips (like on a soft sofa or in a car), and lying on your back
- Avoid eating spicy and oily food because many women complaints about the acidity.
- Many women facing white vaginal discharge more and more than first trimester.
READ MORE ABOUT: