What’s happening in week 24 of your pregnancy
At a glance
- Your little bean is putting on more and more weight, much of it coming from accumulating baby fat along with growing muscles, organs and bones.
- Your baby is about eleven-and-a-half inches long and weighs one-and-a-third pounds.
- Once your little one puts on more fat, her translucent skin will become more opaque.
- Your baby is still sporting white eyelashes, eyebrows and hair, all of which have yet to acquire pigment.
- Baby’s auditory system is rapidly advancing, which means if her/his mother frequently hears some specific voice baby can easily recognize it when he/she born.
- Dental care is very necessary during second trimester of pregnancy.
Your baby at 24 weeks
In week 24 your little baby is about 11.5 inches in length and weighs one-and-a-third pounds. Baby is gaining weight at steadily rate of about six ounces per week. As their organs are growing their weight should increase automatically so much of that weight comes from growing organs, bones, muscle and accumulating baby fat. His/her eyelashes and eyebrows growing this week but they still need a space on his/her hairy little face. As her/his ear are developed so all kinds of sounds can be heard easily in your womb. Baby may feel and listen air exhaling from your lungs, even gastric gurgles produced by your stomach and intestines, TV sound, music sound and even very loud sounds such as honking horns, barking dogs or a wailing fire truck.
You at 24 weeks pregnant
- Heartburn, acidity or indigestion ruled on during second and third trimesters. So eating smaller meals and more frequently, will lower the chances of heartburn, acidity or indigestion.
- In the last two trimesters of pregnancy, mothers-to-be generally need an extra two hundred calories, so take the healthy foods. Always take nutritious food stuffs rather than sugary snacks.
- As baby gaining weight continuously and due to this mother’s growing belly might also be putting more strain on back now, and backache could start to set in. Talk to your doctor and always keep your posture right, and make sure your chair is properly adjusted if your work associated with sitting at a desk all day.
- As due to pregnancy hormones you have faced swollen on foot and puffy ankles so it is really important to wear good quality, supportive footwear which can relax your dreaded puffy ankles or tired aching feet.
- If you are planning to going abroad and will be going on a plane, there a few things to remember.
- If your travel is more than 4 or 5 hours then, there’s a small risk of blood clots or deep vein thrombosis. In order to boost your blood circulation, drink plenty of water ,fluids and move about frequently every 30 minutes or so take the opportunity to get up and walk around and make ankle circling movements every half an hour.
- As you gaining a lot of weight stretch marks could start forming on your belly, hips, breasts or even on thighs around this time. They occur when the collagen fibers in the middle layer of skin (the dermis) stretch and tear to accommodate an enlarging shape and body size.
- Sever headaches hanging around second trimester which could be impacting on your work as well as your general concentration.
- Every pregnant women experiences different things during their whole pregnancy time frame some women complaining about pelvic pain. Which is happening one in five women when they are pregnant, and sometimes it can be quite severe and debilitating. This is happen when the ligaments around the pelvis area soften prematurely and become too relaxed and stretchy, which means they can no longer keep your pelvis correctly aligned.This is commonly called Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction.
- Every expectant mom’s tummy button pops at some point as her swelling uterus pushes on everything in its path. It comes to its normal condition after delivery, though your navel (and some other parts of your body) might look a bit, well, stretched.
- Skin discoloration is very normal in pregnancy some may be noticing small pimples like spots around your areola. These are called Montgomery’s Tubercles and they will secrete an oily lubricant which will help to nourish-the nipples. Try not to be too vigorous with the soap when you shower and don’t think you need to use pimple cream to help them clear up.
- Keep an eye on blood pressure as many pregnant women reported high blood pressure in their second trimester and still continuous till the end of pregnancy. High blood pressure increases the risk of premature birth. So always consult with your doctor if you are suffering from such condition.
READ MORE ABOUT: