What’s happening in week 28
Welcome to the first week of final and third trimester of pregnancy. Although at this stage women definitely looking pregnant and quite feeling so big and getting clumsy. At this stage not only women feeling herself swelled but also her ankles and feet may be getting a bit swollen. At the end of pregnancy they should be back to their normal size. This may be the time when women really need out some proper maternity clothes. Maternity clothes having larger sizes with stretchy waistbands may have worked until this week, but by 28 weeks you’ll probably need some clothes which are designed and cut with a pregnant belly in mind.
At a glance
- Your little bean weighs about two-and-a-quarter pounds and is almost 15 inches long measured head to toe.
- Your baby is tasting the amniotic fluid in this stage.
- Newly open eyes of little baby are sensitive to light. If mother sit in such a place where there is direct sunlight drops on belly it can easily penetrate into the uterus and your baby may see a faint glow.
- Now, baby can open and close her eyes, with his/her newly developed fluttering eyelashes.
- Your baby begins to experience REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, which means it’s very likely that she is dreaming!
- At this week baby’s little heart is beating and pumping strongly.
How big is my baby at 28 weeks?
Your little nugget weighs about two quarter pounds and almost fifteen inches long if measured head to toe. At this stage his/her heartbeat is so strong that anyone might be able to hear it if they put their ear on mother’s belly. Baby’s heart beat now easily be picked up by a doctor’s stethoscope. Your baby can now able to blink his/her eyes, and his eyesight has completely developed at this point. This week made a big changes with baby’s eyes like more maturation of retinas. This important light-sensitive portion is very essential for human being to see properly. Baby has been able to open and shut his/her eyes for a couple of weeks now. Your baby is growing fastly, with more all important fat forming under its skin and around its vital organs. Your baby is less skinny than it was and is filling out. Baby has learnt how to suck its thumb when it wants to. This simple pleasure is not so much an involuntary act from 27 weeks onward. Baby will also be able to smell the same things as mother smelling.
You at 28 weeks pregnant
- As baby is growing on fast pace his kicks are more powerful and his kicking is keeping mother awake at night and worried during the day.
- If you’re experience nausea throughout your pregnancy, so luckily you may find some relief in your third and final trimester.
- May be your doctor and GP suggest you for Hemoglobin level checked at your next ante-natal checkup. Because iron deficiency anemia is very common in last stage of pregnancy when the demand for a healthy RBC’s count is at its peak. Just taking or eating lots of iron rich foods such as red meat, eggs, good quality cereals and green leafy vegetables such as broccoli. If your iron count is too low, you may need to start taking iron tablets.
- As baby grow and belly are more stretched-out. It can cause the skin to become more dry and itchy. So simply apply moisturizer regularly and consider soaking in a warm oatmeal bath to ease the itch.
- For some expectant women, it may feel as if their legs take on a life of their own, becoming tingling and jittery — especially when they lie down at night. Talk to your practitioner about this (in some women, RLS is linked to iron-deficiency, anemia or a sensitivity to certain foods) and consider yoga or other relaxation techniques, which may help.
- Pregnancy speeds up metabolism rate to compensate for your weight gain so mothers might experiences of weight gain at high rate during last trimester.
- You may noticed the small spot pimples like glands in the areola near the nipples enlarge and produce fluid that lubricates your nipples in preparation for breastfeeding for baby.
- As your pregnancy proceeds many women report an increase in vivid dreams or nightmares, especially during the final trimester of their pregnancy.
- Sciatica means tingling Leg Pain, it is very sharp, shooting pain, numbness that starts in your buttocks and radiates down the back of your legs. The pain of sciatica can be quite intense at last trimester of pregnancy if your baby shifts positions, it can also linger until you’ve delivered.
- Some of the embarrassing pregnancy side effects could be affecting you at this stage like piles, wind and even leaky boobs. None of these will cause any long-term problems and are just all part of the fun of motherhood.
- Progesterone is the main pregnancy hormone that makes mother’s boobs bigger in readiness for making milk.
- It’s one of the more unpleasant and painful indeed symptoms of pregnancy, but 35% women to suffer with piles in pregnancy just because of high level of the hormone progesterone in your body which relaxes the walls of blood vessels which makes suffering with piles more likely In order to avoid this situation of getting piles, make sure you drink plenty of fluids as well as keep a high fiber foods in diet including fruit and vegetables. The only good news is that they go completely a few weeks after delivery.
- As your time of delivery is quiet near so book a tour of the hospital and labor ward where you plan to deliver. Some private hospitals have deposit arrangements before they’ll process the paperwork.
- High levels of pregnancy hormones such as estrogen and progesterone increase blood flow to the mucous membranes in nasal area, causing them to swell. So many females reported stuffy nose which making it hard for them to breathe at night, just talk to your doctor for some nasal spray.
- Dental issues like inflamed and irritated gums are quite common during pregnancy since raised-up hormones may cause gums to swell and leave your mouth more vulnerable to bacteria and plaque. When you brush your teeth, remember to brush your tongue as well to minimize the amount of bacteria in your mouth
- Pregnancy hormones can cause hyper pigmentation of the skin, particularly with the women who have a darker complexion to begin with. This can result freckles or moles, a dark line down the center of your tummy (linea nigra) or patches of brownish, bluish or grayish skin on your face called chloasma. These are just faded out after the birth of baby.
READ MORE ABOUT: