Can what you eat determine how soon you succumb to wrinkles or getting old?
Certain foods actually accelerate aging in your body. If you eat highly inflammatory foods, processed foods or even junk foods on a regular basis, they can do real damage to body’s regulatory functions, leading to disease, cellular degeneration and yes, wrinkles.
Here are 4 foods to avoid that speed up aging on a cellular level.
Partially hydrogenated oils
Partially hydrogenated oils, often found in highly processed foods, spread inflammation throughout your body, which creates free radicals. Free radicals eventually begin to damage your DNA, causing affected cells to malfunction in a state of disease or die.
Besides partially hydrogenated oils, trans fat is also found in refined oils, emulsifiers, fully hydrogenated oils, and certain added flavors and colors. So how can you avoid prematurely aging your cells with trans fats? The safest bet is to spend the majority of your diet eating nutrient-dense, whole foods that don’t come in a package.
We have an instinctual draw towards sugary foods, in fact most of us are highly sedentary and eat very too much sugar. So, when we get that regular sweet fix, the sugar just cruises around our bodies doing damage.Taking excess sugary foods leads to loss of collagen in the skin and encourages wrinkles, while also damaging mitochondria in our cells. It leads to degeneration of memory, vision and reduced energy, among other things. Besides premature aging, too much dietary sugar encourages the progression of diseases like Type II diabetes, heart disease and Alzheimer’s. The issue is, sugar is highly addictive and so easy to get. Again, your best bet is to avoid processed foods and use only small amounts of natural sugars — raw honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, dates — in strict moderation.
HAVE A LOOK ALSO:
Carbohydrates that are stripped of their nutritional value, like white flour, act very similarly to refined sugar in the body.
- By taking carbohydrates regularly slow down its absorption in the bloodstream, these carbs wreak havoc on insulin levels and encourage the development of insulin resistance over time.
- By consuming wholesome carbohydrates, like whole fruits, legumes and whole grains like quinoa and brown rice, receive a much more prolonged energy release, and the ferment able fibers and starches will feed our gut bacteria, who can exercise significant control over your insulin response.
Deep fried/grilled foods
- These foods encourage oxidative stress and inflammation in the body.
- High levels of AGEs in the body are linked to osteoporosis, neuron degeneration, heart disease, stroke and other age-related diseases.
- Some AGEs occur naturally in the body, increasing the load with heavily cooked foods can accelerate their damage.
- In order to avoid it just cook the majority of your foods at low temperatures or on the grill them with low fats.
- Essentially, only eat wholesome, unprocessed foods that aren’t deep fried, you’ll feel a lot healthier, too!
READ MORE ABOUT: