What is the liver?
Body’s largest solid organ is called liver, weighs around 3 pounds on average equal to the size of a football. Human liver is a main organ and vital to the body’s metabolic functions and immune system. If liver isn’t functioning well or stop functioning, a person cannot survive. Human liver’s position is in the right upper portion of the stomach, just below the diaphragm. A portion of the liver goes into the left upper abdomen as well.
Symptoms Your Liver Isn’t Functioning Optimally
If you have recently noticed any of the symptoms listed below call and visit your health care provider for physical examination;
- Bloating and gas
- Acid re flux and heartburn
- Skin and/or eyes that are yellowish (a symptom of jaundice)
- Inability to lose weight
- High blood pressure
- Moodiness, anxiety or depression
- Dark urine
- Chronic fatigue
- Excessive sweating
- Bruise easily
- Poor appetite
Fortunately, you can detox your liver by Green Detox Juice For Liver
What is the fatty liver?
Fatty liver, or hepatic steatosis, is a medical terminology which explains, the buildup of extra fat outside the liver and body cannot metabolize fat fast enough. It’s very normal to have some fat accumulate in human liver, because due to our lifestyle, focus more on junk and oily foods, but too much can become a serious health problem. Excessive drinking of alcohol leads to a buildup of fat inside your liver cells which make it harder for liver to work efficiently. Fatty liver is a reversible condition that can often be resolved with lifestyle modifications. According to the American Liver Foundation fatty liver are detected in people between ages 40 and 60 year.
As human liver is the second largest organ in the body. Its main function is to process everything we eat or drink and filter any harmful substances from the blood. This process is seriously interrupted if too much fat accumulates in the liver. Healthy liver becomes the fatty liver when fat counts more than 5 to 10% of normal liver’s weight. The liver has an ability to repairs itself by rebuilding new liver cells when the old ones are damaged. When there’s repeated damage to the liver, permanent scarring takes place, which is called cirrhosis.
What are the symptoms of fatty liver?
Fatty liver typically has no associated visible symptoms, but some times patient may experience fatigue or vague abdominal discomfort. However, excess fat accumulation in the liver can cause inflammation and patient may experience some symptoms such as:
- loss or poor appetite
- weight loss gradually
- abdominal pain sharp or light
- physical weakness
But if fatty liver progresses to cirrhosis and leads to liver failure, patient may experience following symptoms:
- an enlarging, fluid-filled abdomen
- jaundice of the skin and yellowing of the eyes
- a tendency to bleed more easily
Causes of fatty liver
The most common causes of fatty liver are;
- excessive alcoholism and heavy drinking
- eating a high-fat, high-sugar diet
- hyperlipidemia,or high levels of fats in the blood
- genetic inheritance
- rapid weight loss
- side effect of certain medications, including aspirin, steroids, tamoxifen (Nolvadex), and tetracycline (Panmycin)
Liver Cleanse Effectively Removes Toxins
Today, we are faced with so many environmental toxins occurring in our homes, places of work and in our food supply. It is essential for our general health and well-being to keep our livers functioning properly. Below are some of the risk factors associated with impaired liver function.
- Low potassium levels
- Heavy alcohol abuse
- Intravenous drug use
- Blood transfusions prior to 1992
- Exposure to certain industrial chemicals and environmental toxins
- Unprotected sex
- Obesity and a diet high in saturated fats, and processed foods
- Tattoos or body piercings
- High levels of triglycerides in the blood
- Prescription medications including acetaminophen
- Viral infections
- Autoimmune diseases
READ MORE ABOUT: