What’s happening in week seven
Excitement……! Week six is over now. There are a great risk of miscarriage in first trimester so first 12 weeks of pregnancy can be a risky time because not all pregnancies fulfill their term. It is a very personal decision for couples when to share the news with other family members or friends,that they are expecting a baby.
At a glance
- Your baby is now the size of a little blueberry.
- Your baby is continuing to grow at a remarkable pace.
- All your baby’s important internal organs such as lungs, kidney and liver take their place.
- You have to soon decide to have first appointment with your GP or midwife.
- Pregnant mother’s uterus is the size of medium-sized orange.
Your baby at week seven
All his/her internal vital organs like kidneys, liver and lungs are now in their place. Your baby’s bones are beginning to form, as well as their facial features being more recognizable. In week 7 baby’s mouth and tongue are starting to form along with their arms and legs. If your physician take a scan baby’s heartbeat can be seen on a vaginal ultrasound and if counted, would be beating at around 80 BPM. In this week baby’s jaw, chin and even cheeks start to form, tiny and small as they are, they will only grow bigger from this week onward.
You at seven weeks pregnant
- Pregnant mum’s facing even more pregnancy symptoms like nausea, more tired and exhausted,more sensitivity to smells, and just generally feeling low on energy.
- Mothers rubella (German measles) immunity will be checked this week if your GP not checked it before, but do let your GP or midwife know as soon as possible. Because it is a risky condition if you have come into contact with anyone with German measles or any other illnesses.
- Mother’s are likely to be feeling sick or have fatigue a lot of the time, or alternatively, starving.
- Food cravings at this early stage is very common in most of the women and they want for foods which normally they wouldn’t even think about. Junk food , meat and lots of it, fish and seafood, raw veggies and fruit, even ice to crunch on are some of the more common cravings.
- Mother’s breasts and nipples may be even more sore and sensitive to touch. And breasts may be increasing in size at a rapid rate to cup size B to D.
- Due to the engorgement of your veins, you could have seen visible bluish coloration veins in your breasts, and nipples may be getting darker and you could be more aware of wearing an ultra comfortable bra.
- You may notice more of a creamy white vaginal discharge. If it is excessive, causing you to itch or has an odd smell, check with your doctor soon.
- Yeast infections are very common in pregnancy, because when pregnancy hormones are elevated,so there are changes from the normal vaginal flora and Ph.
- Some pregnant women experience more saliva production and constantly have to swallow to deal with it. This is normal and will settle as the weeks progress.
- Some women complain of headaches from around week 7 of pregnancy and onward. If it is so a head and scalp massage with oil can be very effective.
- Avoid taking any toxins, chemicals, drugs, X-rays, alcohol or generally risky behaviors in this week. Week 6 and 7 is an important time for rapid embryonic changes and development.
- Don’t worry if you’ve actually lost weight in Week 6 and 7 because due to nausea and vomiting can lead to weight loss and there will be plenty of time after week 20 for you to gain weight and grow bigger in the coming weeks.
- Just think of your little champ and enjoy your time.
READ MORE ABOUT: